Yeah, that's right, I've dropped the "C" bomb... Ordinarily I am 100% against any thing christmassy before 15th December (my birthday) but this week at my Slimming World group (at all groups, I think) we had a Christmas themed taster to celebrate 10 weigh ins until the big guy in the red suit pops in for a visit. We all made our Christmas wishes to ourselves, mine was to get to target, and we munched on some scrummy food... or at least that was the plan but only 4 of us remembered. Ooops! My offering was Scan Bran Crimbo Cake and Pumpkin Mac 'n' Cheese (I had leftovers from a gihuge batch cook).
Right so the cake... I attempted a crimbo cake last year but it just wasn't right. Since then I have totally jumped onto the scan bran bandwagon. In fact I love the stuff so much that I'd go as far as saying I'm driving the chuffing bandwagon now! It's a really versatile ingredient and with all that bran goodness too *winky face*
Anyway I looked through the healthy b's dried fruit bit in't slimming world bible and decided on prunes because they have such a lush toffee-ee flavour and apricots because they're delicious. Next I thought about adding some nuts but decided that instead I'd soak the aforementioned fruit in almondy amaretto (genius idea, right?)... I made the cake and it was yummy! Even Joe liked it, which is saying a lot as he hates all the scan bran cakes I've concocted so far and even more my group liked it too. So here you go. The recipe.
![]() |
| Sorry about the shite pic I forgot to take a "tarted up" shot and then my group snaffled the lot |
Scan Bran Xmas Cake (Slimming World Friendly)
Makes
4 servings – 1.5syns and 1 HEB per serving
65g Dried Prunes, finely chopped
60g Dried Apricots, finely chopped
50ml
Amaretto
225g
Baked Apple, cored and flesh scooped out and mashed
1tbsp
Mincemeat
5
Scan Brans, whizzed into “flour” or finely grated
250ml
Gingerbread Green Tea, hot (or boiling water with 1tsp ginger in)
1tsp
Ground Cinnamon
1tsp
Mixed Spice
3
Eggs, whisked
1.
Soak the chopped fruit in the Amaretto for 30mins and then mix with
the baked apple and the mincemeat.
2.
Pour the tea over the scan bran “flour”, mix and let it absorb
the liquid. Mix in the fruit and booze and spices.
3.
Mix in the eggs and pour the cake batter into a lined, square cake
tin that you sprayed with frylight. Bake at 180 for 30-45mins or
until it springs back when proded. Allow to cool and then cut into 4
and enjoy.
*You
could add 2 grated carrots to the mix too for added speed!
As always, thanks for reading xx
As always, thanks for reading xx

No comments:
Post a Comment