Pages

Friday, 4 September 2015

Babywearing Mumma Part 1 by Mellie

DISCLAIMER: I'm by no means a professional when it comes to babywearing. I'm also NOT a trained babywearing consultant. I'm just a mum who loves to wear her babies and would like to share her experiences with babywearing.


When I was pregnant with my son Nathanael I was already thinking about wearing him but more out of practical reasons. We have a big dog and he needs to go on walks and it's just easier to carry the baby than to push a stroller. So I got an ErgoBaby Carrier from one of my friends. It was winter and it was so nice wearing my little baby boy all cuddled up in the carrier. I think the Ergo is such an easy-to-use carrier. My husband and even my mum carried Nathanael and they really liked it.

my mum with the ergo

I tried to use a wrap at the beginning as well (I had one borrowed of a friend) but I somehow didn't really get the hand of it. It was a stretchy wrap but don't ask me what brand it was.

I then bought a woven wrap of another friend and I started to use it to carry Nathanael on my back. I was still using the Ergo BUT Nathanael really wanted to be up higher on my back so he could actually see something. And to achieve that with the Ergo I had to put the waist belt right underneath my boobies pushing down on my not-so-flat belly. -> super uncomfortable!

our first woven

So I got started with my first woven wrap. I did a lot of research online, mostly on youtube. We kind of settle for the Double Hammock as our main carry.

When I fell pregnant with our second miracle our firstborn was 10 months old. I really wanted to continue carrying him but during the first trimester I wasn't feeling well at all and especially not carrying another bub.. So it was winter when I finally started to feel better but with all the snow and ice and being pregnant I wasn't feeling to sure about carrying Nathanael...
Winter passed and I got into babywearing again but it got harder and harder for me to carry Nathanael as I was tired a lot and my back just killed me even without carrying Nate. Only right at the end of my second pregnancy I was carrying a bit more again. Nathanael was really clingy and I just wasn't able to carry him just like that without a wrap. So I wrapped him again...

Me with baby bump at 39 weeks pregnant
babywearing Nathanael

So when we had our daughter Aurelia I took a wrap with me to the hospital. So the first time was being worn was when she was 3 days old. I love carrying her close to my heart and she loves it, too. She always falls asleep right away and if she's awake she is calm (well, mostly!haha).

Aurelia's first time being worn at the hospital
And it is only just recently that Nathanael has started to allow me to carry him in a back carry again. He is doing really well. I just ask him if he wants to go "up" and he is all good to go. Babywearing has also made mine and our lives easier since Aurelia's arrival. So when we go for walks with Ares (the dog) my husband usually carries Aurelia and I will carry Nathanael.


So to finish off this first post of my babywearing series just a quick overview of the wraps we own at the moment (I might do a review on each of them but I'm not sure yet).

Pellicano Baby Popart Crispy in Size 4
Ankalia Textiles Neveah Size 5
Pellicano Baby Muffins Ardi Size 7

I have sold the first wrap that I purchased from a friend (Hoppediz Montreal Size 7) and I have also just recently sold our ErgoBaby Carrier and bought a Tula. Even though Marcel allowed me to wrap him (haha - that sounds funny) he prefers to wear a carrier and I might or might not have just gotten another wrap :D




               

This wrap was just visiting.. So sad
it had to leave again..
Ankalia Samba Midnight
                                                      

Thank you for reading, xxx.




No comments:

Post a Comment