Pages

Thursday, 13 August 2015

A different kind of Q&A by Emma and Mellie

As Emma and I host this blog together we are gonna do some posts in cooperation with each other. To start this off we thought we could do some kind of Q&A..

Emma: How/ where did you and Marcel meet?

First photo of us taken in 2004. we were so young!
Mellie: The first time ever we met each other was sometime in August 2004 at a summer event in our hometown. We were both out with some friends and one of his friends used to be a flatmate of one of my friends and that's kind of how the two groups met. We never really talked to each other back then as we were both interested in someone else. About 3 months later our those two groups of friends once again got together to hit a party. This time around we got talking and basically kept on talking throughout the whole evening/night. When the time came to go home I had to wait at the trainstation for my dad to come pick me up and Marcel waited with me..  As soon as we wete both home our friends (the roommates) both called to check what happened while we were waiting. And no, nothing happened. That was on Saturday. On monday I (yes, the girl) texted him and we then met up again on Tuesday to go on a date and from then on we have been madly in love.. It all happened fairly quick and I guess no one really believed that this love story with two teenagers (I was 18 and he was 19) would end with a wedding and two beautiful children.

...this guy! 
Emma: That's such a lovely story and so nice that you've been together that long! Joe and I met when he was 20 and I was 22. After Uni, I worked in the world's worst nightclub as a DJ (and also a bar wench) in my home town. As the DJ I was caged in a perspex box on a stage in the corner of the dance floor and I mainly played the latest chart hits, classics along with loads and loads of cheesy tunes (think Bon  Jovi, Chesney Hawks and Queen). One night I was sitting in my plastic prison, sipping on my coke and praying that someone I knew would come in to talk to me when a rather drunken future husband fell up onto the stage, I presume he hadn't seen it with his beer goggles on. I helped him up and we started to chat. In my best flirty way I asked if he wanted me to play him a tune and he said yes, could I play Teenage Kicks by The Undertones which is an excellent song to request. Bugger, I thought, I don't have it! Not wanting to look like a total muppet in front of this lovely drunk my brain tried to save the day by saying "Oh I don't have the original but I do have a cover of it by Busted"... thanks brain! He pulled a face (as you would), we chatted for a little while longer before said he should really go back to his mate (who was actually a friend of mine, weird!) As he did I thought "there goes the man I am going to marry" I have no idea why this thought popped into my head! A weird little premonition right there! 


Later that night I was invited to the local party house for an after everywhere shuts party but I declined because I was knackered. I finished my shift, had a couple of after work drinks with the other staff and decided that I would go to the party. I had a really funny feeling that if I didn't go I'd be missing out... I turned up, Joe was there and he was dancing... badly. I went over to chat with him (mainly to stop him from dancing) and we got talking again. He was trying to get me to drink lots of Sambuca and then we drew all over some bloke who'd fallen asleep (like you do). We got on really well, swapped numbers and agreed to meet up the following weekend, which we did. He then asked me out on a date (my first and only actual date) on the Monday before he went back to Uni that just happened to be valentines day. And the rest, as they say, is history. He is perfect for me in every way and I am so lucky to have married my best friend!

Mellie: So Emma, here's one for you ~ What would have to be on your bucket list?

Emma: This is a toughie, I went easy on the first question for you!! I don't have a bucket list as such. Hmm, let me think....
I have always wanted to see the northern lights and visit Norway. I have no idea why but I am very drawn to Norway, I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone and see the Northern Lights while I am there, how very efficient of me.



I really want to visit Australia. I have watched Neighbours on and off since I was 6 years old and off school with chickenpox when I lived in Berlin (fun fact, the first episode I watched was Scott and Charlene's wedding... how do I remember this crap!?) I suppose that planted the seed but I like how open and unpopulated it is. The idea of visiting brings out the adventurer in me (or the Took in me, as my Dad would tell me).

I would like to have a book published. I have written a children's book and I have been thinking about trying to get it published. I should really get on with it!

(This is really hard!!) I have a few piddly little pathetic tattoos but I would really like to get a proper, grown up sized one but I can't decide on the design.... Any ideas?

I honestly can't think of any thing else!? Is that really bad? I suppose there are a lot of unspecific things like I'd like to see more of the world and silly things like I'd like to meet Kevin Spacey.

Right, what about you Mellie... what's on yours?

Mellie: Sorry about that! It was just the first question that popped up in my mind. And now that I have to answer it myself I can see your point:)

The first thing I can think of is that I wanna open up my own business. I always wanted to own a small cupcake business and I somewhat tried to start up one by doing cupcakes for people who wanted to place an order. But pretty soon all those cake ladies spread like weeds doing these amazing fondant cakes and of course cupcakes and so I basically gave up.. for now at least. 

I always wanted to climb a mountain. In particular the Bietschhorn. Probably my favorite mountain (and don't even ask me why). 

I also would like to do some sort of run. Not a marathon in particular more like a colour run or a tough mudder. However, I'm not too sure if we have anything like that here in Switzerland.. So this is still far far away but has been on my mind.

Thinking really hard now.. Gosh, Mellie! 
I'm actually really happy where I am now so same like you.. There are probably small things here and there but nothing hugh. Just travel a bit more when the kids are older. The US and Canada have always interested me to dona roadtrip.

I guess that's basically it...

Emma: oh yeah I'd like to add starting my own business too. I'd like to open a café/sandwich shop that sells yummy cakes and excellent coffee.

Right Mellie, here's another one for you... Where is your favourite place in the world to visit?

Well, this is easy:) At the moment it would probably be my bed. Haha! 
No seriously the only true answer to this question could be given by anyone of my closests friends and my family: NEW ZEALAND! 
New Zealand is like home for me. After having spent my exchange year there I have been back 4 times I think. I would love to visit so many places around the world but everytime in the past when I had have enough money saved up to go on holiday I would go to New Zealand. And after spending our honeymoon in New Zealand Marcel shares that passion. If we were to be offered a job somewhere in NZ we would both pack up our stuff and leave right away! Emigration worthy ( is that even a word)!

Your turn Emma :)

Emma: I have a few places. I live visiting my hometown in the Midlands. It's a lovely market town and it is where I feel happiest. My parents and Joe's live there so we do visit quite a bit.

I love meeting up with friends in Chester and London. It's a lot harder to go to places with kids so I really enjoy myself when I can visit kid free!

Places that I love a bit further afield and Holidaywise are definitely Bruges in Belgium, Florence and Lake Garda in Italy. I've had a few holidays to these places with my lovely husband and I would love to go again!

Mellie: Any regrets in your life so far? as in would you wanna change anything?

Emma: you're nearly not letting me have an easy time of this Mellie! I'm not really one for dwelling on regrets to be honest but there are a few things that I wish I'd done differently. I really wish I'd lost weight sooner. I spent a lot of time pretending to myself that being overweight didn't bother me when really it did. That's all I can really think of! I don't like regretting things because everything I've done has bought me to where I am and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else! What about you...?

Mellie: I guess there are a few things I regret in my life.. I know you shouldn't regret anything in life and of course all the things we go through and every decision we make helps us become the person we are.
Probably the biggest thing I regret is that I have been a lousy student. More so a LAZY student. I have always learnt quite easily as in not having to put too much effort in my studies and I really didn't. At University I almost never attended lectures and just stayed home only studying maybe a week or two before the actual exam. I have always been fine with how my studies went but now looking back I wish I would have put more effort in it. I could've definitely gotten better marks  and finish my degree about 3 years earlier than what I have. And I might've gotten a job as a psychologist being able to go back after maternity leave. BUT as we all know you never know how it would've turned out in the end. I might not have fallen pregnant and Nathanael and Aurelia are the best thing ever in my life! So actually I don't regret a THING!!

I guess we stop here and keep the rest for next time...

Thanks for reading, xx




No comments:

Post a Comment