So everyone, and I mean everyone, seems to be on the raw food train at the moment. I have been happily munching away on most of the raw food/paleo/energy balls/bars etc etc for a while now and I am always a bit grumpy that I am "wasting" my syns on things that in my head should be healthy b. To me, a nakd bar is filled with things that are on the healthy b list and they are loads more nutritious than the hifi bars that are sold at group (don't get me wrong I loooove me a HiFi Light bar, the jam one is totes amaze as is the double choc) My other issue with this craze is price. I can't be doing with spending £1 on a bar of mushed up dates. I am a tight bugger at times. Anyway, I set about making my own balls (teehee... and yes, I will chuckle to myself every time I write balls)
Right... the recipes (yeah, plural... you are welcome)
Warning... the ingredients for this will be quite expensive but you can make loads!! And when I say whizz I mean with something quite powerful. I am using the mini chopper attachment to my kenwood mixer. If in doubt only put a few ingredients in a time, I don't want you to burn out any motors xx
HazelPecan Rod Balls*
*Rod Balls after the leg'd that is Rod Stewart and my ironic love of him
23 Hazelnuts (1 Healthy B)
11 Pecan Halves (1 Healthy B)
60g dried Apricots (1 Healthy B)
40g Dates (1 Healthy B)
1tbsp Sesame Seeds (1/2 Healthy B)
15g Chia Seeds (1/2 Healthy B)
I whizzed up the hazelnuts, the pecan halves. Then whizz up the dried apricots and the dates. Mix the nuts and the fruit together and then roll into Then rolled the mix into 15 balls and rolled them in either the sesame seeds or the chia seeds. 3 balls per healthy b. VoilĂ
ChocoCoco Rod Balls
23 Hazelnuts (1 Healthy B)
11 Pecan Halves (1 Healthy B)
120g dried Apricots (2 Healthy B)
1tsp Cocoa Powder (1syn)
2tsp Desiccated Coconut (3syns)
Whizz up the nuts and then whizz up the apricots. Then mix the 2 things together with the cocoa powder and roll into 8 balls. Then roll the balls in the coconut. 2 balls for a healthy b +1 syn
Incrediballs Coffee Rod Balls
23 Hazelnuts (1 Healthy B)
48 Almonds (3 Healthy B)
80g Dates (2 Healthy B)
1/2tsp instant Coffee
1tbsp Ground Coffee
Whizz up the nuts. Whizz up the dates with the coffee and about a tbsp of boiling water. Mix the 2 mixes together and roll into 12 balls. Roll the balls in the ground coffee *these ones are absolutely incrediballs*





No comments:
Post a Comment