Pages

Saturday, 19 March 2016

Cheese Burger Pasta Recipe

Hello. Long time no blog. 

I need some normal so I am going to blog a little bit when I can be bothered....

Right, I have been a little bit SW AWOL of late but I am back on in in a rather futile bid to take control of an area of my life and because gaining weight isn't going to help anyone. I have been fully on plan for the past week and I am feeling pretty motivated and positive.

I was unable to sleep in the wee small hours of Thursday morning and as a bid to ignore the ridiculously catching songs on Schools Radio on BBC Radio 4 (yes, I could have turned it over or off but that would have involved getting out of bed and I was cold) so I was trawling through the internet. I stumbled across a recipe for cheeseburger pasta and my saliva glands went into overdrive. I wanted it in my life. Cheese burgers I love. Pasta I also love. Put those 2 together, it just sounds proper fit. I had a good old brainstorm the following day about how to make it SW friendly as the kiddies were napping (yeah, yeah, it would have been a good idea for me to nap but food is sometimes more important than sleep) and here is what I came up with. I had it for dinner tonight and it was totally lush. Please try it. Trust me, you need it in your life.

Cheese Burger Pasta

Makes 3 portions (large portions, it could be split into more)
Per person it is 1HEA +1.5syns
or 7.5syns if not using the cheese as your HEA

2 onions, diced
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
250ml chicken stock
250g less than 5% fat beef mince
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
10 light cheese singles (3 HEA's +2 syns)
4 tbsp Tomato Ketchup (2syns)
2-6tsp English Mustard Powder
3 portions of cooked pasta
6 gherkins, chopped


Cook the onions and garlic in frylight with the stock until soft. Add the beef mince and stir until cooked. Throw in the tin of toms and bring to the simmer. Chuck in the cheese singles, ketchup, mustard and half the gherkins and cook until the cheese is melted. Stir through the cook pasta and the rest of the gherkins. Serve. Enjoy. Thank me later.

(next time I will be adding grated carrot and some mushrooms too)

No comments:

Post a Comment