Today I am 6 weeks postpartum. I have been thinking about weightloss for a while now. Actually my weight has been on my mind for quite a few years now. For as long as I can remember (or almost) I have been chubby or even fat and the time I've been at a normal weight has been limited... This of course also means I have tried a few ways of loosing weight and then maintaining it. Obviously I didn't succeed...
Just to take you back in time for just a few minutes I'll try to recap my weightloss journey so far:
I'd say the main thing or time or event that I'd call the trigger of putting on most of my weight was my exchange year in 2002/2003. I was 16 years old when I went to spent one year in New Zealand. It was one of the best years of my live and I'm still really close to friends and family down under but we'll keep this for a different post. You basically just need to know that of course I had to try all the yummyness and didn't really restrict myself and just took it all in with the result of gaining 20 kgs in about 4 months. yes! you've read correctly.. At some point my kiwi sister started to join weight watchers and I kind of went along and lost about 10kgs before I came back to switzerland and I just never got rid of the last 10kgs. From then on it was on and off every few years. While at university I joined another program called ParaMediForm. It was a one-on-one program with weekly weigh-ins and I got rid of quite a bit of my weight again...I then went on an Erasmus semester to Belgium and got off track and put on some of it again. Since then (which was in 2010) I have tried to loose some weight by myself and I have been at the same weight +/- 5 kgs for a while before getting pregnant with Nathanael in 2013. During my first pregnancy I actually lost 3 kgs from beginning to the end. After giving birth I was craving chocolate so badly as I wasn't allowed any sweets due to gestational diabetes.. So I just indulged in every thing I craved. Christmas came up and there is always a lot of food around that time. And instead of eating healthy things I just ate what I wanted... So when I fell pregnant with Aurelia in 2014 I was back at my pre-pregnancy weight from before Nathanael and this time around I didn't loose any weight but I only put on 2kgs which I'm totally happy about.
So this is where we are now. As I already said I'm now almost 6 weeks postpartum and I'm -6kgs from right before giving birth. During the past 6 weeks I have been thinking about how to move on from here. I haven't really deprived myself from any foods during this pregnancy so there are no specific cravings now. And I really just want to be a healthy mum showing my children a healthy lifestyle.
Therefore, I decided I will join the weight watchers program again. I have done some research on different programs or ways of how to shed those pounds and I came to the conclusion that WW would probably work best for me. I really can't deal with a diet! I Have to urgent need to be allowed to everything I want even if I won't have any of the "bad" stuff. I just need to know that I could if I wanted and that I can from time to time.
So here we are at day one of a new beginning. First day of WW (weight watchers) has begun. I will keep you updated on how my fist week went. And yes, at some point I might even post some more showing before pictures.. Not feeling confident enough right now.. These have to be enough :)
See you next week, xx
So here we are at day one of a new beginning. First day of WW (weight watchers) has begun. I will keep you updated on how my fist week went. And yes, at some point I might even post some more showing before pictures.. Not feeling confident enough right now.. These have to be enough :)
See you next week, xx




Good on you! I lost 2.5kg in first week and my next weigh in is Monday. I've followed plan so far and haven't caved in to bad foods. Switched to dark chocolate as I cannot go without chocolate!!! My biggest challenge was stopping snacking (except for fruit and vege). I'm so hoping for another loss this week xx
ReplyDelete